• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've got a $3000. budget to build a PC edit system.

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to future proof it as best I can.  I do very straightforward, old school editing without much SFX work.  Don't even subscribe or know how to use After Effects but would like to have the muscle to use it someday soon... Beginning to use 4K...  Am involved with 360 video production.  I also really like the idea of a curved 34" monitor...  I'd like a recommendation for the best bang for buck system...   I consider Video storage to be a separate cost factor...

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built my computer in July 2014 so it is WAY out of date... see reply #6 for my hardware list in https://forums.adobe.com/message/6536849 but for what I do (1280x720 30 fps transcoded to 720x480) it is still very fast... recent vacation video of 37 minutes transcoded to MPEG2-DVD in about 5 minutes (no effects, other than simple transitions between video segments, and a few titles describing what was about to show)

For today and 4k you should start with i7-6700k or i7-7700k and build from there with an appropriate motherboard and ram... NVidia 1070 should be good for video card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can skip the idea of the i7-6700k or i7-7700k, they are obsolete and shouldn't be recommended.

if you can wait a few months, intel's new lineup may be out by then and there will be options up to 12-core i7's as well as possible price cuts. if you need something now, an intel 8 core i7-6900k with a good x99 motherboard, like the asus deluxe ii or asus WS, will have lots of expansion options. it will cost around $3k for a basic build with a gtx 1080 or 1080 ti. intel has an i7 10-core, but its currently selling for around $1600 alone, so it would be difficult to fit into your budget. if you want the best bang for your buck, it would be a ryzen 8 core, x370 motherboard, and a video card like the gtx 1070, for under $2k. however the ryzen x370 platform wont have as much expansion options, cant hold as much memory, and no thunderbolt. amd or intel, you will also want to get memory around ddr4-3000 speeds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For $3000 you can do better than the mentioned i7-7700K and the i7-6700K both 4 core CPU's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this package and am wondering if it fits the bill...

Video Editing Supercomputer ($2,300)

For when you need to edit the next IMAX movie, or just want even better performance at 4K.

CPU: AMD R7 1800X
Graphics Card: GTX 1070
Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
RAM: 32 GB DDR4
Storage 1: Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB M.2 SSD
Storage 2: 2x HGST 4 TB hard drives
Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H110i
Case: Enthoo Primo
Operating System: Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW - I am living in Malaysia so hope to get components for a decent price... anyone happen to know a good component builder here in Kuala Lumpur ?

Thanks all for the input !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines