• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script to Apply Conditional Tag based on Paragraph Tag?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use conditional tags to apply automatic updates to headers and footers using variables. The conditional tag is applied to a paragraph based on what the paragraph tag is. The condition displayed is dependent upon where it is located in the hierarchy. For instance, let's say the RED conditional tag is higher than the BLUE conditional tag, which is higher than GREEN conditional tag. I apply the RED conditional tag to the paragraph that has the Red paragraph tag applied.

Could I use a script to search for the paragraph tags (e.g., Red, Blue, Green)  and apply the corresponding conditional tag? I would also want to ensure that no other conditional tags are applied to any of the text in each paragraph. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Example:

RED

(Red) This paragraph uses the Red paragraph tag and has the RED condition applied.

(Blue) This paragraph uses the Blue paragraph tag and has the BLUE condition applied.

(Green) This paragraph uses the Green paragraph tag and has the GREEN condition applied.

RED
TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created scripts to automatically apply condition tags and I found this is not a trivial task. I do have all the required knowledge and experience to do the trick, but I am not going to give you all of that knowledge and scripting for free. If you are interested you can mail me via jang at jang dot nl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I work for a government contractor and nothing is ever in the budget for things like this. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is your level of scripting knowledge? There are some posts on conditional text and ExtendScript on my blog

http://frameautomation.com

--Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines