• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any one worked out Haw to 5D IV wi fi import to lightroom Develop mode

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any one worked out  Haw to 5D IV wi fi import to lightroom Develop mode, I can only get it to the import screen ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your images must be imported into the LR catalog before they can be edited.

After you complete the import, you will return to the Library module where you can then go to the Develop module.

Edit:

After reading Jim's reply, I now realize my brain skipped over all the "wifi" parts of the OP....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used Wi-Fi technology. But as I understand it you will have to use other software to synchronize your camera with your computer to get your images to a folder on the computer. After you have done that you can start Lightroom and go to the import dialog and import the images using the Add option. Standard procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you trying to shoot tethered over wifi or simply trying to import? The first is apparently possible but I have no experience with it and supposedly it is quite flakey. You can just use Canon's software and make it drop the files in a watched folder that auto imports into Lightroom which is likely more reliable. The second (just importing this way) I would caution against as it is going to be glacially slow and you'll save lots and lots of time (and battery life!) by popping out the card and putting it in a card reader. That will be orders of magnitude faster. However, you can probably do the same thing as for the tethering and import using Canon software over wifi to a watched folder or simply do a manual import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines