• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make +/- (not absolute) adjustments to multiple photos

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have edited all 500 images in lightroom cc (they all have different brightness values) and submited to my client for review, now that my client want all of the photos to be a little darker, is there a quick way to evenly apply a -10 brightness to all images? If so, would it work to other settings i.e. +20 sharpness or +10 contrast or + 10 Temp? Appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

You can apply a limited selection of Relative adjustments by using the 'Quick Develop' panel in Grid view. 'Relative' adjustments "add" to any previous adjustments made in the Develop module.

So if you select all the photos in the Grid view you can apply an exposure adjustment to all.

eg. the one arrow button [>] applies 1/3 stop,  the two button [>>] applies 1 stop change.

For "Darker" that would be [<] or [<<] .  Repeat button press to multiply change.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can apply a limited selection of Relative adjustments by using the 'Quick Develop' panel in Grid view. 'Relative' adjustments "add" to any previous adjustments made in the Develop module.

So if you select all the photos in the Grid view you can apply an exposure adjustment to all.

eg. the one arrow button [>] applies 1/3 stop,  the two button [>>] applies 1 stop change.

For "Darker" that would be [<] or [<<] .  Repeat button press to multiply change.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx ​wobertc​! It works!

Just wondering if there a more precise method, I tried it and it increases / decreases exposure by steps of 1/3 stop which is +/- 0.23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can cut them in half if using the Shift key:

Quick Develop in Lightroom CC « Julieanne Kost's Blog

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect!!!! And Option or Alt key gives extra options too! Thank you so much! You guys saved the day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Auto Sync feature. See the screen capture copied from an Adobe tutorial.

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 5.07.38 AM.png

This can be a very useful feature but make sure you turn it off after use since it will remain active and the next time you select a series of photos it will begin functioning again.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, I tried it, but it changes all photos to the same exposure value... for example:

Photo 1 - Exposure +0.85

Photo 2 - Exposure +0.75

Photo 3 - Exposure +0.65

I activated Auto Sync and selected all 3 photos and bump up Photo 1 to Exposure +0.95, all 3 photos now have the same Exposure +0.95, which is not what I need... I am looking for individual exposure value to increase by +0.1:

Photo 1 - Exposure +0.95

Photo 2 - Exposure +0.85

Photo 3 - Exposure +0.75

The answer above by wobertc works! Thx! Just wondering if there a more precise method, I tried it and it increases / decreases exposure by steps of 1/3 stop which is +/- 0.23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have rechecked the function "Auto Sync" and it does work as you described. The change is absolute not incremental.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines