• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I open an InDesign CC File when I only have Indesign CS5?

New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been given an InDesign File that was created in CC, but I only have access to InDesign CS5.

I undertand you can downsave into an IDML file FROM InDesign CC, but I don't have access to this.

Is there another way?

Thanks in advance

Stephen

moved from non-technical Lounge to InDesign forum by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Stephen,

You need to have CC to save back.

Either someone with CC can do this or you can download the free trial for 7 days if your system supports it. Can you ask the creator to send you the idml?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen,

You need to have CC to save back.

Either someone with CC can do this or you can download the free trial for 7 days if your system supports it. Can you ask the creator to send you the idml?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can download a trial version of indesign cc 2017 and save your file in idml.

or, somebody who already has indesign cc could save your file in idml and send it to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Premio, yes I've already ran out of the trial so tried that avenue! May just have to upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jane, yes unfortunately don't have the facility for this currently so need a way of somehow opening through CS5 but doesn't seem to be one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines