Inconsistent errors and poor performance

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Information:

Surface Pro 3 i7, 8Gb, 128SSD

Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Office 2016, InDesign 2017

+ I have started to get times when my system won't redraw in a program. The text boxes just disappear. If I zoom out or close the file and open it again, then it works. Everything is still there; I just can't see it from time to time.

+ My InDesign or Illustrator won't redraw the full program, so I have to shut it down. This happens with InDesign about a third to half of the time now.

+ Not a day goes by that InDesign will stop responding and have to be forced to shut down via the task manager.

+ There are numerous times when my computer moves really slowly. This happens in files files that have numerous pages--but not consistently with every file. And not just when the files have images vs. no images. This one day it was a small file that just chugged for no apparent reason. And I always run InDesign with Typical Display, so it's not from trying to show hi-res images. When some files are saving, it's about impossible to do anything else at the same time.

Any help or advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you meet all of the system requirements?

System requirements for Adobe InDesign CC for Mac and Windows OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines