Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile Studio Pro problem

New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe´s community,

I recently bought a Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16" i5, and I am struggling with a problem which apparently manifests only with Photoshop (CC 2017). In a nutshell, the pen stylus starts to exhibit a significant lag every time I unplug the tablet from its power supply, whereas the touch screen commands keep working better than all other softwares. This problem seems to apply only to PS, and gives me the impression that the program enters somehow in a sort of "energy saving mode", whereby it just cuts off performances. Is there any way to solve this issue?

Best

DG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you asked Wacom if they lower performance on battery.  How are your Windows Power settings set for battery operation?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I have been trying it with advanced mode on for energetic consumption. It worked out: the lag magically disappeared. mmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... Is that normal? I am gonna contact Wacom.

Dui

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to here you have it working.  It like like a great but expensive machine.  Mobility seems to come with a very high price tag.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps when the surface pro 5 appears it will put some pressure on Wacom's price tag.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mack,

So, my battery settings were set at "normal", and I have now shifted to "advanced". When unplugged, the performances of the brushes drop down also in other softwares, though PS remains the worst. Curiously, the touch control keeps working perfectly even with big files. I have never read of anyone around complaining about a similar issue, which indeed sounds quite weird. Was it a RAM problem, also the multitouch should have been affected.... mmmmmmmmhhhhhh.... Let me know.

Dui

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I have not even heard of the Mobile Studio Pro 16" i5.  Is it the same as a Cintiq Companion?  I have a Cintiq Companion 2, and its performance is not especially impressive, but I don't remember any differences between power lead and battery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16 has a 15.6 4K display high resolution thinner and lighter  than the companion its pen has higher specs then the companions pen.  There  is also an I7 model the has Nvide Qradro mobile graphics. It quit a machine but its high resolution would be very hard for you  to use old man.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can anyone help me, I am using wacom mobile studio pro 13 i7 256gb for less then 24h, and it got stuck, and it couldn`t restart, i did force shut down, and I can hear it working and it shows gray monitor with stuck cursor on the screen, and I can`t do a thing...

Please, help!

I am scared, as I invested a lot to be like this from day 2...

Thank you in advance....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines