• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2017 constant freeze and crash

New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's become unusable. I have to constantly force quit and re-open. Usually when I reopen the file, it just spins forever until I force quit again. Once in a blue moon it will open the file correctly and I can work with no problems. BUT, if I have to go to a meeting, by the time I get back to my desk, its back to the never ending spinning beach ball. Why is this happening? This exact same file was working flawlessly a couple months ago when I first created it. I'm on the exact same MacBook Pro too with 16 gigs of ram. This is my main function at work and you are killing me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Hi,

Are you on Mac 10.12.4 and with Intel GPU?

If yes, try this

You can goto preferences (command+k) and then navigate to GPU performance.

Then turn off the below highlighted preference.

Picture1.png

Working then should be fine!

If its not an Intel GPU that you are using, you  can start by cleaning your InDesign Cache and preferences Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Also, can you mail me the document with which you are facing the issue at amaarora@adobe.com , so I too can reproduce

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using InDesign version CC 2017.0 or CC 2017.1?

If you are on CC 2017.0 you can try to see if the following two workarounds help you.

1. Upgrade to CC 2017.1 from Creative Cloud

2. Trying out this plugin at the help page Troubleshoot text selection issues

Do let us know if you are on CC 2017.1 or if above steps dont resolve your problem.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version CC 2017.1

Build 12.1.0.56

I'm unable to install the plugin since our corporate IT dept has our machines overly locked down.

The only thing that seems to reliable work is to close everything, restart my MacBook and then open InDesign before any other applications. Then it works OK until the machine goes to sleep. At which point I try force quitting a few times before resorting to the full restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you on Mac 10.12.4 and with Intel GPU?

If yes, try this

You can goto preferences (command+k) and then navigate to GPU performance.

Then turn off the below highlighted preference.

Picture1.png

Working then should be fine!

If its not an Intel GPU that you are using, you  can start by cleaning your InDesign Cache and preferences Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Also, can you mail me the document with which you are facing the issue at amaarora@adobe.com , so I too can reproduce the scenario.

Let us know if this is the case, and if the workaround helped you.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After giving it some time, that seems to have helped. It's not crashing or giving me the never ending spinning beach ball anymore.

Fingers crossed that this did the trick.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines