• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Tiff files after changes made.

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After in CS6 I have made changes to a Tiff photo and answered 'yes' to 'save changes', the default file choice is PDF, I then have to change it to Tiff.

How can I make it Tiff as the default file type and cut out this step each time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

What I am looking for, if it exists, is the preferences where I can change the default file type highlighted after I have altered a Tiff file in PS.

There is no preference setting for a default file type.  And some settings mo have not default and some may have a default me may show up with some other setting that saved the lays time a dialog was used.  Some dialogs remember the setting you last used.

The Crtl+Shift+ALT the keys must be press quickly to catch a startup window if done in the time y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all the CS6 Updates Installed? Did you try resetting you preferences.  I do not see that with my CS6 version 13.1.2 the subscription version of Photoshop on a Windows system It defaults to tif and warns me the saving layers will increase file size.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. I have the bought CS6 Extended version operated on Windows 10 and have all the updates I think.

Are you talking about the preferences in 'edit', because I could not see it there, or another place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there are three current version of Photoshop CS6.   They are updated versions of  Photoshop CS6 version 13.0.  The three CS6 versions are Perpetual Standard and Extended Mac version  version 13.0.6,  Perpetual  Standard and Extended Windows  Version 13.0.1.3 and The CS6 Extended Subscription version 13.1.2.  There as some differences between versions. 

Sound like you  have a Windows CS6 Prepetual Extended licences.  That version lacks an update installed in the subscription version. But with that version of CS6 you can install the CS5 optional Plug-in Web Photo Galery and Picture Package.  The other CS6 version can not use these plugins.   Adobe removed some plug-in support in Subscription  CS6 version.  While the optional CS5 plug-ins are available for both the 32bit and 64Bit windows the mac CS5 plug-ins are 32bit versions only. Mac CS6 does not have 32bit support it was removed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmm, okay, but I'm not sure that will solve my problem, as such as it is. The version I had before was CS4 and the save file type option was the same as the file that I had altered.

I always use RAW first on my photos and I wonder if the setting is in there somewhere. I'll have a look.

Meanwhile, thanks for your answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset preferences, press ctrl + alt + shift when launching the application. If you do it right, you will get a confirmation dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing that I get a list of programmes as a plug ins, but no 'preferences'.

What I am looking for, if it exists, is the preferences where I can change the default file type highlighted after I have altered a Tiff file in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no preference setting for a default file type.  And some settings mo have not default and some may have a default me may show up with some other setting that saved the lays time a dialog was used.  Some dialogs remember the setting you last used.

The Crtl+Shift+ALT the keys must be press quickly to catch a startup window if done in the time you should get this yes no dialog pop-up before the Photoshop flash displays before Photoshop starts.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines