• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 (May 2017) Update Now Available

Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today we released Photoshop CC 2017 update version 2017.1.1 (Mac and Windows) to address several issues.

Customer reported issues resolved:

How to get the updates:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What good are new features when bugs go unfixed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ what specific critical issues are unfixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I for one would like to see the bugs in Photoshop scripting support fixed.  The latest bug introduced is CC 2015.5 I find particular annoying. It seem their are Adobe bugs you have to code around in scripting support and when Adobe add new bugs that break existing working scripts I no longer want to re-code them to get around the newly introduce bug.   Reported bugs go unfixed release after release.  Bug I have reported in other are of Photoshop acknowledged by Adobe have even been withdrawn by Adobe.  I can not understand why Adobe does not fix some bugs.  

Since CS4 Actions that add adjustments  may not work correctly if one touches the bad options add in the Adjustment Panel fly-out menu.  It would nice to see actions play like recorded.  Recording Plug-in scripts in Photoshop has also recently become a problem.   I can use older version of Photoshop to record an action   and play them in CC 2017.  It would be nice to also be able to record them correctly in CC 2017 the now seems broken.

Photoshop: Script bug resize layer back document up one history state | Photoshop Family Customer Co...

Photoshop CC 2017: Action recording problem with Image Processor Pro | Photoshop Family Customer Com...

Photoshop CC 2015.5: Script Metadata assigment error | Photoshop Family Customer Community 

Ever new release of Photoshop has new and one bugs. That why I keep old versions installed.  IMO Adobe added a bug there to for Adobe by default will delete your working versions of Photoshop when you install a new release now.   You need to be careful when you install updated now. You need to read carefully when you install updates.  If you miss a statement you working version of Photoshop may well be removed from your system.

Adobe support management need to do better by Adobe's customers.  Too many bugs are release out of Adobe doors.   Adobe need better procedure in place to do better code reviews, code development, code testing and regression testing. Compatibility between versions is important.  Removing feature and support of tool without advance notice is hard on Adobe Customers. It interrupts their work and requires them to adapt to Adobe changes and develop new work flows and habits. Then depend on Adobe's applications working. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ, you got me thinking there for a moment, and I suddenly wondered if the Refine Edge workaround had been removed fixed, but it is still I am pleased to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I find Refine Mask is better then Adobe's select and mask workspace.  One does not mind when rubbish like Adobe's old extract feature is removed but new feature should be better then old features it is nice that Refine Mask in still in Photoshop.  It should not be hidden away like it is. Using Refine Mask can clean up work done with select and mask.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys must have 'free' access to Lynda courses? I went through Deke McClelland's Photoshop 2017 One On One Advanced last week and the first two hours are mostly about masking and Select and Mask.

Deke has chosen some tricky images to work with and with and one uses 'Focus Area' which to date I have been disappointed with. The course was put together in February, but Deke doesn't even mention that Refine Edge is still around and given the results, which I was able to reproduce myself, I don't think that's an oversight on Deke's part, at least with these images.

The main difference in methodology is the use of 'Color Range' to make the selections rather than the Quick Select tool and then building up a mask through partial selections by multiple passes through Color Range-finalising in Select and Mask. I think it made me realise what Adobe has done with Select and Mask-it's a workspace that is designed to appeal to the millions of new Photoshop subscribers with the Photographic plan who need easy masking techniques, and yet can work well for the professionals needing to work with complex images. Adobe's failing in my opinion is to suggest the Quick Select tool is the way to go for the initial selection as all the literature and videos go down that route. I know I'm not telling you guys anything you don't already know, as masking has always involved multiple processes, but I'm starting to think Select and Mask may be much better than we initially thought when it came out a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff answered on the Adobe feedback site.   The story is Adobe like to add bugs to Photoshop an engineer designs them.

Jeffrey Tranberry, Sr. Product Manager, Digital Imaging

• 12530 Posts
  • 1161 Reply Likes
Official Response

Hi John, after some investigation, this new behavior is as-designed:

From the engineer: This was an intentional change to better preserve metadata during collisions from other applications:

"The new logic can lead to some cases where the user deleted information in another application and it reappears in Photoshop because it was not deleted in all instances (we have at least one source for the info, but no idea of the intention behind the change). But that is much safer than deleting added information which was intended (deleting a byline, description, or copyright is BAD)."

9 minutes ago

So I'm stuck with CC 2014 for Adobe's new design behavior is do some meta-data set incorrectly. Adobe  engineer feels it is a better design not to do meta-data correctly.  Frankly that engineer should be terminated.  If a user delete data they  want.  That is a user error.  If Adobe does not deleted data the user want delete the is an Adobe Bug.  Plain and Simple.

I can of course program around this Adobe bug like I program around other Adobe bugs.  It would be easy to set up a Script Open Document event.  The event handler would look to see if "Garbage" was in the meta-data field and if not the handler add "Garbage" to the meta-data filed. For if "Garbage" is in the assignment for the field Adobe will do the assignment correctly.   Once "Garbage" is in the mete-data filed my scripts will work once again. Photoshop is accumulating garbage after all.  Jeff should I add "Garbage" to all by Photoshop document in case I may use a script or should I stay on CC 2014? Do I really need to add more "Garbage" to use CC 2017?

What the hell does this state :

(we have at least one source for the info, but no idea of the intention behind the change).

To me it looks like your Idea is to keep adding bugs you have an  engineer design into Photoshop!

My intention is very simple remove data I added. If that data is not removed the next time my script is used it will not work correctly. My scripts are by design,  designed to be use twice and over and over every other time it operation changes.  It is like a save and restore well that the way they did work and still do in cc 2014.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff you a programmer and a Sr. Product Manager you need to step up to the plate.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a definitive list of known issues that gets updated as those issues arise?  I know about the Sierra page and Jeff's blog is the place to go for information after updates, but it would save a lot of time chasing down problems for people on this site, if they turn out to be known issues with no current fix.  There are a couple items on the Fixed Customer Issues where I have wasted time trying to help posters to this forum, and another where I flat out gave wrong information because I was not aware there was a known issue.   If we had the time to read every post here, then you could maybe keep up with it, but a typical thread involving a bug tends to get long and convoluted, with so much misinformation, it is hard to see the wood for the trees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor Adobe does not publish  list as far as I know.  The closest you can get is using advance searches on Adobe feedback site for problems.  Adobe marks some problem reports as  Acknowledged, other  in progress, some solved or not a problem but  the majority are just grouped together as needs a solution which may mean not evaluated yet or no comment.  The Current breakdown looks like this.

Capture.jpg.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Move Tool bug is confirmed gone.

Thanks very much, Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

The Move Tool bug is confirmed gone.

Bugger!  I used that a lot! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Linda Com cost money it is not free.   I like the way Deke teaches material. CC 2104 does not have Select and Mask so there no need to learn about Select and Mask unless of course you just got to have Adobe engineered Photoshop bug.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh sorry JJ, ACPs get Lynda for free for helping out here, I assumed MVPs did also.

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Deke  advice Adobe to make Color Range part of Select and Mask and remove the quick selection tool from select and mask.  I find you can clean up the mask you create with Select and Mask quite a bit with Refine Mask.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please, please fix the New File dialog performance. The old dialog was fine and the new one is soooo slow! It should not take multiple seconds on a fast computer to create that dialog. Dialogs should open instantly. If you can't fix the speed issues, then put the new templates into a different window, like File > New > From Template (or something). The new interface doesn't even make good use of screen space. The thumbnails for blank documents are useless and waste tons of space. The size labels (which is what you care about are small and harder to read). They are very poorly designed. Until you can fix the performance, at least keep the preference to revert to the old dialog so we can still be productive. (This also applies to InDesign and Illustrator which also use the same abysmally slow dialogs.) For anyone reading this that didn't know it was possible to get the old dialog back, here's how: Photoshop CC 2017: Get Back the Original New File Dialog - YouTube

Here's how to test if the dialog is fast enough: Hit Cmd–N and Return right away. The dialog should open and dismiss right away, creating a new file. This is a very common procedure when copying and pasting into a new document. There's no need to see the settings because they are already correct. This should not take multiple seconds, it should be virtually instantaneous (like it used to be).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop cc 2017 is much slower to shutdown (quit) on both mac and windows than the 2015.5 versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom develop module never been so slow since I installed the last update of Photoshop. LR keeps telling me I need to update my Camera Raw to 9.10 (which is installed) when editing from LR to PS. I uninstalled LR and PS and reinstalled and it changed nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a bug in Lightroom 6.10 that hopefully will be fixed soon.

Lightroom Camera RAW plug-in version 9.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure it is still in there somewhere, but i can't find the find/replace source. I used the find and replace in all open documents frequently!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean 'Find and Replace Text' ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. there used to be a dropdown there that allowed you to find and replace in the current doc, or all open docs, file, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I do that is use the 'Search' feature. You obviously need an open document containing text.

1) Click the magnifier on the top right of the interface and type in the tool or option to search for. Then click 'Find and Replace text'

1.png

2) The dialog box should then appear.

28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh geez I am sorry, i thought i was in a dreamweaver forum. How embarrassing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines