• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AlphaFromTo Effect in Fluid Boxes not Working

Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Captivate 2017 on Mac OS X 10.12.4.

I want to have a text caption fade in/out using the AlphaFromTo effect.

Here's the standard action I have attached to a button:

Show [object 1]

Apply Effect [object 1] AlphaFromTo [from 0% to 100%]

Hide [object 1]

Apply Effect [object 1] AlphaFromTo [from 100% to 0%]

It is a responsive course, and I have the content in a Fluid Box.

This works when previewing as a .SWF, but not when previewing as a responsive course.

I have not been able to test on an LMS.

I tried to find out if perhaps Alpha is not supported via responsive/HTML5, but couldn't find anything.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

I am a bit puzzled:

• You talk about a responsive project, but also 'that works when previewing as SWF'? But a responsive project cannot be viewed as SWF, has only HTML5 output. In normal projects you don't have fluid boxes.
  • Why do you hide the object after having faded in? For a simple Fade in, Fade out, what is wrong with the normal Fade in/Fade out transitions from the Timing panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit puzzled:

• You talk about a responsive project, but also 'that works when previewing as SWF'? But a responsive project cannot be viewed as SWF, has only HTML5 output. In normal projects you don't have fluid boxes.
  • Why do you hide the object after having faded in? For a simple Fade in, Fade out, what is wrong with the normal Fade in/Fade out transitions from the Timing panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

To clarify, I tested/previewed the fade in/out in both a responsive project and a normal project (.SWF) to see the differences.

Your right, I didn't need to use the Hide action on the object after it faded in. Thanks for pointing that out.

Regarding your second bullet, I didn't think you could use the fade in/out settings in the Timing panel in conjunction with an advanced action triggered by a button click. But I tried it, and got it to work. It's much easier than using the Alpha effects. Thanks for pointing out an easier way to do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fade in/Fade out is a legacy property of an object, but it can be very useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources