• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC assets from Essential Graphics tutorial not working

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would I be getting this error? I'm updated and have the Essential Graphics tabs.

From this tutorial Create Motion Graphics templates |

Also, the tutorial doesn't show how to make this expression based background and Motion Graphics expression changes. It only shows how to add features to the current tutorial which can't be accessed. Is that in a different tutorial?

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 3.09.39 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Motion graphic templates can be created in Ae and Premiere but the exported motion graphic template cannot be edited back in After Effects. this means you are creating the motion graphics template in After Effects (or premiere) through the Essential Graphic panel. the source file is the aep file that contains all the layers, switches and property controllers in the essential graphics panel. when you export this setup as a motion graphic template, it is a closed .mograph file. it now can only be

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Motion graphic templates can be created in Ae and Premiere but the exported motion graphic template cannot be edited back in After Effects. this means you are creating the motion graphics template in After Effects (or premiere) through the Essential Graphic panel. the source file is the aep file that contains all the layers, switches and property controllers in the essential graphics panel. when you export this setup as a motion graphic template, it is a closed .mograph file. it now can only be opened in Premiere.

about how to create a motion graphic template: you can use the properties that are supported for this feature and drag them from the timeline to the essential graphics panel. or you could use expressions and expression controls this means you need to learn how expressions work or else you will have to make do with the properties that are supported. maybe this resource could give you some more information: Motion Graphics Template Workflow in After Effects and Premiere Pro CC 2017 (Spring) — Premiere Bro

this thread is useful too: Re: Cannot use Motion Graphics Demo 2017 in AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's not saying that in light of your response. What he's saying is Essential Graphics is no longer working. I'm having the same problem on two different computers. I'm trying to find out if others are having the same problem. It crashed or some type of MAJOR bug is effecting the whole setup.

I simply opened a new comp, placed some text in there, made the source text and opacity editable in the essentials graphics window, saved it, exported it out to my library and we're both getting this error. Now that I'm seeing he's getting this too let's me know I'm not doing anything wrong. What makes this so bad is that it was working just a few days ago on projects I already have in the works; working perfectly as it should. Then today I open up my file and get this crap.

CC assets from Essential Graphics tutorial not working​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's not saying that in light of your response.

as I said, there is no way to import a mograph template in After effects. if you save it to the library, then open in from the library in premiere. Op is trying to open a motion graphic template from the library in after effects and he cannot.

if you are experiencing an issue please provide the exact steps you are taking and provide screenshots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround I've found (at the moment) is dropping the library assets from the tutorial into Adobe Premiere, placing the asset on the timeline, selecting the asset & right clicking "Reveal in Explorer (PC)" and then opening that .aegraphic file in After Effects.

Note: this DOES NOT seem to work on Macs for some reason. I've tried the same approach multiple times, but it simply won't open on Mac systems.

That said, I simply saved the .aegraphic files as regular After Effects files on the PC, collected them (like you would a normal AE project), and placed them in another folder.

All of this, so I could follow a simple tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Lord,  another new After Effects Sparkly Feature that isn't all that useful, and also shells out when used.  It figures.  Once again Adobe treads on a delicate part of the male anatomy wearing golf shoes.

Hey Adobe, instead of wasting time building features for the Marketing Department, how 'bout spending those person-hours on doing something EVERYBODY would like to have?

Faster render speeds, perhaps?  Additional bug checking?  The ability to work flawlessly with graphics tablets?  Working with a wider range of graphics cards & drivers without vomiting up error codes or crashing?

Pick something practical instead of glamorous and give it a go, huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then open that .aegraphic file in After Effects.

this does not work in my machine and I am on windows 10. the file type is not acceptable when trying to import it to Ae. when I change my file type to all files to import it, I get an error message. what are the steps you are taking to open the aegraphic file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei Tzoref​ The PC I did it from is running Windows 7.  See attachments.

Artboard 2.png

Artboard 1.png

Artboard 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting. I also tested it on windows 7 and the aegraphic file cannot be opened in Ae.

this is the location of the file:

dragging to Ae gives a no entrance sign. and importing give this error:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't import it. I just opened it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. this is interesting . my guess is this is not supposed to be accessible. now they're on to us... RUN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TTOWN71,

Roei has it right in post 1. You can mark it as correct. These motion graphics templates were meant to be created in After Effects but consumed in Premiere Pro. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can I suggest that the original .aep that was used to make the Goldrush title is made available to download, so people can see how the expression parameters were linked up with the rest of the comp and precomps.

Mel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines