• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign double click menu bar to minimize (LOCKED—OSX Question)

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right now when I double click it, the document will either expand to full screen or shrink down just a little. I use to be able to double click on the menu bar and it would minimize to the dock, how and where do I turn this on at.

[Moved from non-technical Lounge Forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

It would help to know what operating system you're running.

In any case, let's be clear; it's the Title Bar you double-click to toggle between window states as you describe.

In current Windows parlance, the toggled states are "maximize" and "restore down" (not minimized); which is essentially the behavior you're seeing, according to your post. It's been that way as long as I can remember, and there isn't a user-level setting that alters it, AFAIK.

Historically in Mac OS's, this feature can be contr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to know what operating system you're running.

In any case, let's be clear; it's the Title Bar you double-click to toggle between window states as you describe.

In current Windows parlance, the toggled states are "maximize" and "restore down" (not minimized); which is essentially the behavior you're seeing, according to your post. It's been that way as long as I can remember, and there isn't a user-level setting that alters it, AFAIK.

Historically in Mac OS's, this feature can be controlled in various ways with system-level preferences, but has been all over the place as Apple worked its way through the "cat" versions into Maverick, Yosemite, and onward to the present. The history is documented well enough online however, so a reasonably thoughtful search should turn up something that helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure, Im running a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012, macOS Sierra, Version 10.12.4. using Adobe InDesign CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for nothing I guess, it was a simple question that needed a simple answer like, you can change this by going in your "system preferences",  Dock" and check the box for "Double-click a window's title bar to minimize"   you need to knocked off your box. I use the programs not build and program them. We are all on the same team here and put our pants on the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

itd82543015  wrote

Thanks for nothing I guess,

Oh no; thank you for posting your OS and then waiting a full 7 minutes before deciding:

you need to knocked off your box.

...whatever that means. (I wish there was a way to type the awkward little chuckle that comes out when I think 'my box?')

Funny how sometimes volunteering your time and headspace to take an interest in a fellow user's problems can be like walking in on a bank robbery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP - This is a friendly forum, there's no need to be rude to the volunteers trying to help you. If you don't understand something request further explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT a live chat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

itd82543015  wrote

Thanks for nothing I guess, it was a simple question that needed a simple answer like, you can change this by going in your "system preferences",  Dock" and check the box for "Double-click a window's title bar to minimize"  

As John said, Apple has changed the way this works in different operating systems, and that is why he asked for yours. Sorry he caught you on a bad day. Anyway, this is not an InDesign issue, it is an OSX issue, so if you have further questions about how the Dock and System Preferences work, please ask on the Apple forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines