• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit ai logo in ai

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this forum. I have familiarity with adobe cc lightroom and photoshop not Illustrator. I bought a single license for a logo that I like. It opens in AI just fine but I don't know how to edit it. I see no layers or obvious fonts used in the logo. Can somebody give me some direction? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

You are correct. It's the "Open In... " that fails.

If I choose to download by opening it in Illustrator then it's just an image that opens.

I have to download and then open the file from the computer. So, for me, the open in illustrator doesn't work.

thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be more of an Illustrator question than a Stock question.

Keep in mind that text in an Illustrator file may be converted to paths because the contributor does not have the license to distribute a font with the graphic. So to edit the text you would have to delete what is there and add your own if that is the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Brad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Good luck with your project. Illustrator still scares me as well. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's the wrong answer. There are many issues of simple JPG's saved as EPS and AI files - and I am about to complain. There is no way to edit these in AI without tracing the image first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PaulMcEwan  wrote

I think that's the wrong answer. There are many issues of simple JPG's saved as EPS and AI files - and I am about to complain. There is no way to edit these in AI without tracing the image first.

Hi Paul,

The image you linked in your own post works just fine as a vector directly downloaded from Stock. Can you provide some steps you are taking to use the image?

Keep in mind all preview images will be .jpgs as .ai files will not show in a browser. But the licensed image is a .ai file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. It's the "Open In... " that fails.

If I choose to download by opening it in Illustrator then it's just an image that opens.

I have to download and then open the file from the computer. So, for me, the open in illustrator doesn't work.

thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It's been reported to our engineering team. I'll be posting the workaround to the top of the forums also.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I apologize, I was suppose to have sent a response to this issue last month and did not follow through. Please download the file to your computer and open it from there. You'll be able to edit it within the program then.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank.

I was able to edit it by placing a copy on my art board. Dragging the file only places an uneditable version.

right click your stock image in your libraries panel and select "place a copy"

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started