Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cropping

New Here ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I want to crop this image so that there is no white left around at the bottom.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

hull draft.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

If you've done all the work you want to do on the image in Photoshop you can save it in the formats you need, For example, keep the PSD file in case you want to do further changes later and also Save As and select the format you want (such as PNG, which allows transparency – JPG doesn't).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way: You can use the Magic wand tool to delete the white area and the crop tool to delete the black border. if you want to use it on a website save it as a PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for that

I have used the quick selection tool to highlight my image.

Now i want to copy this image and use it or save it with no background.

How do i do that?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've done all the work you want to do on the image in Photoshop you can save it in the formats you need, For example, keep the PSD file in case you want to do further changes later and also Save As and select the format you want (such as PNG, which allows transparency – JPG doesn't).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A Photoshop image is always rectangular. You therefore need to make those white areas transparent.

You can do that in Photoshop, if you have already selected the "wanted" part by inverting the selection  by selecting (Shift+Ctrl+I) and then deleting (Edit-Clear) . Note - if you are working on a background layer - you will need to click on the lock symbol in the layers panel to convert it to a normal layer (Layer 0) before you can clear the white area.

You then need to save it in a format that supports transparency. (PNG supports it - JPEG does not).

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably you want the image as a "cut-out" that you can place elsewhere, such as on top of another photograph. You want the tiger's face to retain the white but the white below and the black border deleted (as previously described). For this use keep the format as PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point Derek

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the help Dave and Derek.

It has worked when i saved it as a png

Regards

Hayden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines