• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reassociating .lrcat with files in new locations after move to new computer

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to move my LR catalog files and data files to a new computer. Originally, the .lrcat file and data files were on the same drive. But, on my new computer, they are on separate drives. Now when I open the .lrcat, I see the previews and edits (the metadata and previews) but the files are not identified by LR (on the folder tree there are question marks). I can Import all the data files from the new location into the catalog but there doesn't seem to be a way to associate the data from the new location with the original edits. You can't edit the .lrcat with NotePad either. So now what? I can't put the data files on a drive that has the original drive letter and directory structure as it was originally. Is there a way to reassociate the edits and data without recreating the original storage schema? I can't just give up thousands of edits.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Is there a way to re-associate the edits and data without recreating the original storage schema?

Yes.

The answer is in paragraph 3.  at this link- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

3. "Are some of the folders marked as missing,..."

Do NOT start a new catalog.

Do NOT do any importing from the new photo locations

Simply re-link the folders as in the article from Victoria Bampton.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to re-associate the edits and data without recreating the original storage schema?

Yes.

The answer is in paragraph 3.  at this link- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

3. "Are some of the folders marked as missing,..."

Do NOT start a new catalog.

Do NOT do any importing from the new photo locations

Simply re-link the folders as in the article from Victoria Bampton.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines