• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2017 - PSD files not opening

New Here ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of my files under .psd are not opening. When i'm trying to open them its says "Could not compete your request of a program error" What should I do to fix my files that i created under .psd to open?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open them in any other version of Photoshop  or application that supports PSD.   If  the files are corrupt there are some PSD repair application on the we.  If you do not have an other version of Photoshop installed you can use the creative cloud desktop application to install prior versions of Photoshop.  IMO CC 2014 is better than CC2017.1.1

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It open in Photoshop 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you can open it with CC2015 can you save a copy under a new name and see if that will open in CC2017.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every version of Photoshop like most software has bugs.  Do what Dave suggested  after you open that psd in  CC 2015 Save a psd using CC 2015 abd see ir=f that nes PSW will open in CC 2017.1.1.  If that also fails to open try reinstalling CC 2017 and updating it.  You may have  a CC 2017 install problem.  If the re-install also fails you mey have a cc 2017.1.1 bug. 

Keep CC 2015 installed.  Photoshop CC 2014 works best for what I do.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site jive does not seem to be working I can not edit my post to fix the typos.  I can not type

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser are you using JJ? Clearing browser history, cache and cookies worked for me in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Y did more than clear the cash I delete all of Chrome Appdata for my userid  started Crome and started fresh Chrome sync my data from the clout. Jive still did not work.  I then tried IE, and Edge.  I am using Windows 10 Preview build 16184 it a few days old its not perfect.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on feedback from Madison (Adobe staff), it could also be (Jive) node related.

Seems to be differing reports of success and failure with editing posts around the globe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines