• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of grain and colour correct in a video?

Explorer ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For practice, I want to make a video of black ink dripping onto canvas, and I've found footage on YouTube to use. However, I've found that one of the videos of ink dripping has some grain around it, that is visible on the canvas background. The original footage background isn't white, but a light blue. I used the Keylight 1.2 option from Effects to get rid of the background, but it's still visible and lowers the overall quality I think.

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 4.32.33 PM.png

How can I get rid of the grain? Would it have to do with colour correction? Also, if possible, how could I make the black ink seem blacker? I think by using the Keylight option the black became lighter, with flecks showing through.

Any help or tips for a beginner would be appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

You can apply levels or curves to wipe out the detail on the gray parts. This is very basic stuff.

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 1.32.08 PM.png

You could also use the layer with curves applied as a track matte for a colored solid. This would give you some more options.

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 1.34.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can apply levels or curves to wipe out the detail on the gray parts. This is very basic stuff.

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 1.32.08 PM.png

You could also use the layer with curves applied as a track matte for a colored solid. This would give you some more options.

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 1.34.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I used the Keylight 1.2 option from Effects to get rid of the background

you shouldn't. keylight is for green screen or other colored screens (preferred green, blue or red). it was designed for it. you have a very contrast image so all you need to is follow Rick's procedure: set the contrast right, then use luma track matte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines