Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017-05-07.png

sometimes this is so bad have to just open straight into photshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off

Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw > Use Graphics Processor

and restarting Photoshop make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no I have tried that and still happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the image in Photoshop, what are the image dimensions (in pixels)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4016x 6016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, we can see the resolution at the bottom of the ACR window, and at better than 6000 pixels wide, I'm guessing that resolution is not the issue.   The Shadow slider is pushed most of the way to the right, but the ISO is only 500, so you'd expect that not to be the issue either.  That is assuming that a 24Mp camera is probably quite new, and not going to get noisy at ISO500.  Exposure is pushed less than half a stop, so no problem there either.

If this was about how the image looked after loading in Photoshop, I'b be looking at Cache levels (they need to be more than 1) but Kathleen says the 'pixelation' is apparent in ACR.

Kathleen, when you turned off GPU acceleration in Camera RAW, did you restart Photoshop?  You need to do that for the change to take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think what the OP refers to as "pixelation" is the fact that the image is garbled on the right hand side.

Disabling the GPU ought to fix the problem.

kathleenjean - did you restart Photoshop after disabling the GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Per+Berntsen  wrote

i think what the OP refers to as "pixelation" is the fact that the image is garbled on the right hand side.

Good gracious!  Would you believe I didn't notice that?  Least ways I did, but didn't parse it properly.    Kathleen might also want to check her GPU driver is fully up to date from the card maker's website.

I miss Chris Cox not being around to tell folk to update their video card driver two or three times a week.  I wonder what he is doing nowadays?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes when i take it into photoshop and edit there is no problems

everythink is up dated and have restarted photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/kathleenjean+1  wrote

yes when i take it into photoshop and edit there is no problems

everythink is up dated and have restarted photoshop

And is the problem fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

been doing everthing you have all said slight better but still happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's be absolutely sure we are all talking about the same thing. You said "pixellation" (which is where you can clearly see the pixels for some reason). But is your problem actually that there are chunks of the picture arranged on the right hand side, while the rest of the picture, on the left hand side is fine? Or is there actually pixellation (which we can't see) on the left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this occurring on every image? Can you share the raw file on Dropbox or other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes did not no what elis to call it

it does not happen on every pic but most of them

probmatic when i am doing alot of photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017-05-07 (3).png

still doing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM does your system have? If you close all other applications does this still happen? Are you opening images one at a time or many at a time. When you tap open image what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16 g of ram and one at a time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1050ti graphic card

intel i7-770k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Camera Raw, press Ctrl+K to open preferences. Then uncheck Use graphics processor at the bottom.

Does that fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines