• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GFX lens profile not in ACR

Explorer ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I know that CR can read FUJI GFX RAF raw files but when I look at lens profile, I can select Fujifilm as manufacturer but I do not see GFX as a model.  Am I doing something wrong?

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

It means that your camera lens combo has a lens correction profile that is read and applied by camera raw without any user intervention.

The lens correction is in the metadata of the raw file and is read and applied by camera raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the bottom of the Lens Corrections tab you'll probably see that camera/lens has a built-in profile, so that's why the GFX

is not on the list.

Screenshot-(111).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'm not really sure what that means....can you please discuss a bit further?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means that your camera lens combo has a lens correction profile that is read and applied by camera raw without any user intervention.

The lens correction is in the metadata of the raw file and is read and applied by camera raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, got it.

Thank you very much for the reply. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some of us who prefer the option whether to use the embedded lens profile or not. There are also several RAW converters that do provide the option. This begs the question: why doesn't Adobe provide the option? Is there some kind of agreement between Adobe and Fujifilm. If not, just provide the user the option to toggle the lens correction on off if for no other reason than informational purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can request that over here where adobe wants users to submit feature requests and bug reports:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines