• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors not displaying consistently - ALL products

Engaged ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an ongoing problem with color representation.  This is one example, but it's with Photoshop too.  There seems to be a problem with sRGB representation. 

On the left is Windows Explorer, CENTER is Acrobat.  This is the same swatch, copied/pasted into Acrobat.  The image on the right is online, Chrome.

What am I missing?  I have the RGB working space set to the calibrated monitor setting.  If I change it to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 it displays correctly.  AdobeRGB displays it as the calibrated monitor does (same as below - much more saturated/vivid colors).

Thanks

adobe_colors_paint.jpg

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neither Windows Explorer nor Chrome are colour managed. Their colours are not accurate. Acrobat and Photoshop will show accurate colour, if you have the correct tagged profile and your monitor is calibrated. So this all seems normal. The problem is that some people feel that Windows, browsers, etc. are somehow "right" and starting from this assumption try to find fault in apps which are colour managed. This is a special problem on wide-gamut monitors, on which non-colour managed apps are wildly wrong, by design.

It is almost never correct to set the RGB working space to the monitor profile. There are a few very special situations where it might be right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines