Exit

Problem With Converting The Image

New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hye,

i have a problem on my editing,

1) i did edit all the picture using lightroom on my MACBOOK AIR the picture was very clear and nice , but when i finish editing, i transfer all the image to my external pendrive, and when the time i open it on my others WINDOW PC , the picture show over exposes.

i need an explaination on it , what is the best/right way to finishing my editing and transfer the image to my external pendrive , and open with window without any changes from the 1st step of editing ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

One possibility is that one (or both) of your computer monitors is not properly calibrated. Make sure that the monitors are properly calibrated.

You didn't say what steps you followed to perform this transfer to another computer. Could you please provide that in detail? In particular, are you exporting the photo from Lightroom on the Mac, or not. As I said, we need to know all the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possibility is that one (or both) of your computer monitors is not properly calibrated. Make sure that the monitors are properly calibrated.

You didn't say what steps you followed to perform this transfer to another computer. Could you please provide that in detail? In particular, are you exporting the photo from Lightroom on the Mac, or not. As I said, we need to know all the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did export the image from lightroom. from RAW to JPEG ,

then after exporting it , i copy the image to my pendrive.

then i open it at window.

but it still shown over exposes.

if i have to calibrated the monitors , how do can i do it ? need some explaination on it , im just using my macbook air.

Photoshop Lightroom​dj_paige​@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to calibrate a monitor on a Mac, but I'm sure your favorite search engine can find the instructions.

Why don't you just send the RAW and it's associated XMP file over to the Windows computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its is posible the lightroom save the image by RAW ?? i can see the option for export is

JPEG

PSD

TIFF

DNG

ORIGINAL

CAN U GUIDE ME IF U DONT MIND ?? HMM

​Photoshop Lightroom​

dj_paige​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Save"? I didn't say anything about "save" because Lightroom doesn't do a save. You also don't export the photo.

If you want to transfer a RAW from your MAC to your PC, you simply copy the RAW and corresponding XMP file using Mac Finder and send it to the PC. Then you can import it into your catalog on the PC.

Even better, you can select the files in LR on your Mac, export the catalog (File->Export as Catalog), make sure that Export Selected Photos and Export Negative Files are checked, give a name to the exported catalog; and move everything to the PC and the in the PC version of LR select File->Import from Another Catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay , i can export it .

but if i "export the catalog" do my client able to view the picture from PC if they do not have the lightroom apps ??

because now the things is , i got problem when i wanna give my pictures to the client, they open it using Window , and the picture is over exposes.

so conclusion is , i wanna give the picture to my client without any problem of the images.

dj_paige​ Photoshop Lightroom​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, the situation where the client does not have Lightroom has not been mentioned before, and so in that case, you must export the photo as JPG (or TIF) using sRGB as the Color Space when you export. Having a calibrated monitor at both ends of this process will help. If your customer is not using a properly color managed application to view the images, then the colors can be off, and the brightness can be off if the customer's monitor is set too bright or too dark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines