• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with volumes and folders in Library module

New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brief: external hard drive that was a volume now appears as a subfolder on computer hard drive.

Adobe support had a promising solution posted here, however there were two problems:

1. In my case, the external hard drive does not appear as a volume the way "Jump Drive" does in the example. It only appears as a subfolder: root/Volumes/ExternalDriveName
  2. When I try to carry out Step 2, I do not have "Hide this parent..." as an option in the context window. Rather, I get this:

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 11.33.48 AM.png

How should I go about re-organizing my files? Any suggestions or advice is very welcome.

Lightroom version: 3.6 [795620], Version: 10.10 [5]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should I go about re-organizing my files? Any suggestions or advice is very welcome.

Since you asked, my advice is not to re-organize your files at all. Instead, if you are going to do work, then leave the files and folders as they are, and use keywords and other metadata to organize and search. Not only does this eliminate the problem (because now all your searching is done via keywords and other metadata, and you are not searching by folders), but it can give you a much more powerful organization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maline5850230  wrote

Lightroom version: 3.6 [795620], Version: 10.10 [5]

I am surprised Lightroom 3.6 will even run on OS X 10.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create a new catalog, plug in the external drive and check that it appears as it should.

If That is the case it would suggest a corruption in the original catalog. Then:

Using the new catalog - File > Import from another catalog... Navigate to the original catalog file and choose.

This will bring in all the data regarding the changes you made to your images, keywords applied and collections created.

Delete the original catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines