• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing out an audio waveform

New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two people speaking in one audio track of a video.  One is asking interview questions, the other answering.  I want to completely eliminate the interviewer asking questions -their waveform and just leave the person's voice answering the questions.  Is this possible? How?  I'm going nuts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyframe the audio volume or just cut the audio out of the track and add a piece of the "silence" in the rest of the track to make the background noise sound natural.

This will only work, of course, if they are not speaking at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Peru Bob,

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Still not sure I explained it proper or, I don’t understand your suggestion.

I’ll use the below image as an example. I have two people speaking in audio 1 and the top wave is the one I want to keep. That person is explaining how to do something. The bottom are just questions and responses. Is it possible to easily cut out the bottom wave? I don’t want to cut out the entire track. I have reduced the audio middle line and they did not help. I don’t know if I can mix out the bottom wave either.

Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emilyk38823977  wrote

I’ll use the below image as an example.

I see no image.

Make sure you are using a computer and not a phone and are in the forum, not responding to an email:

How do I attach a screenshot?

Windows Vista and later

Windows XP and earlier

• Use the Print Screen button on the keyboard to capture the entire desktop, then use a imaging program like MS Paint, Paint.NET, or similar to paste the captured image.  Some programs can crop the area you want to show, so you do not need to post the entire desktop.  Save the result as a JPG or PNG file.
  • More detailed instructions: Take a screenshot on Windows XP
  • Alternate screenshot tool: Jing (free download)

Mac OS

• Shift + Command + 4
  • Drag the cursor to where you'd like to start one of the corners of the screenshot and press down and drag the mouse over the area you'd like to capture.
  • Release your mouse
  • The screenshot will be saved on your Desktop

• To post the saved screenshot you need to be in the forum editor; either as a new topic, or as a reply in a topic requesting a screenshot.

editor_menu.png

• Click on the camera icon in the editor menu to upload the saved image to the current cursor position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just an example of audio 1 where there are two tracks. This is not from my film. Both people are talking at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emilyk38823977  wrote

This is just an example of audio 1 where there are two tracks.

I still don't see an image.

Is your audio of each person on its own track?

Please post a screen shot of your timeline in Expert Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the audio of both are on the same track and they are at times both speaking together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emilyk38823977  wrote

No, the audio of both are on the same track and they are at times both speaking together.

In that case, it will be nearly impossible to do in Premiere Elements.  Even an experienced audio engineer using expensive professional software will have an extremely difficult time with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines