• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Stamp Tool Error - Could Not Use Clone Stamp Tool Because Area To Clone Has Not Been Defined

New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Experts,

I wanted to remove the shadow from one of my JPG pics and I am not able to do so due to this error:

"Could Not Use Clone Stamp Tool Because Area To Clone Has Not Been Defined".

My PS CC version 2017.1.1 on windows.

Please help.

Cheers,

Raja

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

With the Clone Stamp tool selected, first Alt click (Option click on Mac) on the pixels you want to use to remove the shadow. Then release the mouse and the Alt/Option key and start stamping on the shadow. The pixels you Alt/Option clicked on will be copied to the shadow area.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Clone Stamp tool selected, first Alt click (Option click on Mac) on the pixels you want to use to remove the shadow. Then release the mouse and the Alt/Option key and start stamping on the shadow. The pixels you Alt/Option clicked on will be copied to the shadow area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

human face robot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work as it should.  This is not an April fools joke.  It's frustrating.  Opt-Click on Mac not working as it used to.  Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME! and cant fine an awser 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm about to go crazy with this.  I'm on a Mac and am not a new user of Photoshop, which I've used for over 25 years.  While I don't consider myself an expert, I certainly know how to use the Cline Stamp tool and have used it successfully for as many years as I've used the program. I began to get that "Could Not Use Clone Stamp Tool Because Area To Clone Has Not Been Defined" error when I quit my full subscription when I retired and resubscribed to the Photographer's pkg and went to Photoshop 2021. Now neither the clone stamp nor the Healing Brush will work on my desktop.   I have tried every fix that anyone has suggested.  It is definitely NOT a layers issue.  I have also reset all the parameters, have reset the tool numerous times, and, in desperation, I finally removed all traces of Photoshop (using their tools) and reinstalled the latest version of Photoshop 2022.  But no luck.  Someone said to turn off bluetooth.  I haven't tried that because  both my mouse and keyboard are bluetooth and I would have to buy a corded keyboard and mouse (which I am not going to do). Interestingly, both tools work fine on my iPad. If the iPad version had full capabilities, that might be a workaround (though unacceptable when I'm paying for this program), but it is too limited.  This is obviously a big problem or so many people would not be complaining about it.  Adobe needs to fix this.  Although I am currently only a personal user, and not using it for business, as I have in the past, I find that I cannot accomplish all of my tasks without these 2 tools.  Please, please, fix this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines