• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't "find" more than one photo at a time.

New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I copied my lightroom catalog, along with the raw photos onto another hard drive.  My old hard drive died soon after I did this. I was able to back up everything thankfully... My problem is, lightroom can't find the photos. So, after selecting the location of a file, lightroom isn't finding the whole set of files. Its basically making me "find" one file at a time.  My other catalogs were fine and did them all at once. Of course, this one won't do the same. Has anyone ran into this before. I hope this makes sense. ha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Thanks a lot guys. I actually fixed the problem. After several hours, i accidentally deleted the folder the photos were Supposed to go in. When I did that, I got the "?" by the folder. I located the folder and boom! The photos were there. I could have swore I tried it before, but for some reason this time it worked. So it was a 2 second fix on something I tried fixing for 4 hours. Haha Thanks again guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your folder structure is the same, then re-linking entire folders will be a better answer.

If filenames have changed in the backup, then Lr will not be able to easily re-link files.

I suggest you read the link below for a full explanation on recovering photos in the catalog.

One piece of advice- Do not re-import anything! (this makes the problem worse)

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a good idea to check this option:

nearby.jpg

if not, LR will only redirect the exact file or folder that you have identified.

Incidentally, it's the same for a folder as for a photo. The easiest way, is to re-direct the single parent folder that contains all of the photos. If that's not showing, you can use "show parent" on one that is showing - even if that folder is currently "not found", LR still knows what its full path used to be when it was found. So if even part of that can correspond with the new setup, you are all done.

RP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot guys. I actually fixed the problem. After several hours, i accidentally deleted the folder the photos were Supposed to go in. When I did that, I got the "?" by the folder. I located the folder and boom! The photos were there. I could have swore I tried it before, but for some reason this time it worked. So it was a 2 second fix on something I tried fixing for 4 hours. Haha Thanks again guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines