Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Groups, Sub Group and Layer Names...The Full List

Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I note that naming convention is important when creating a character in Ps.

Specific NAMES are used that are recognized by Ch and this enables particular, and appropriate, behaviors to be triggered.

The Blue Man... Welcome> New Puppet from Ps... is helpful for this purpose.. as it gives a basic layer structure, but I'd like to get a full list.

I found the write up, 'Artwork Preparation' useful.

I've searched for a comprehensive list, but don't seem to be able to find one. I'm sure there is one here somewhere?

Can anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Prepare artwork in Adobe Character Animator is your best bet. Currently there isn't much more outside of that besides motion trigger and the draggable / fixed / etc handles so you're really not missing anything critical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again!

This is where I've been all day! Trying to decipher it....

I don't think this gives you the full list though?

There must be a definitive list?

I think a good schematic showing the tags and the variables that apply to them would be good... what do you think!?

PS: More suggestions to build on your growing collection of videos;  a more in-depth look at the Puppet and Scene Widnows and associated panels.

Thanks again for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. This doesn't seem to be a definitive list. I can't seem to find a thorough list of groups and subgroups. Can adobe please provide a pdf that includes all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have a PDF, but doing the following can give you an idea of what's available:

1. Open a Puppet In the Puppet Panel.
2. Select a layer
3. Scroll down to the "Tags" section

4. Click the 'A' in the upper right(next to a smiley face)

This will show all tags as text. You can also mouse over the tag name to see which behavior uses it.

Keep in mind, usually naming something in PS/AI will get autotagged with that name, but that's not always the case. e.g., "Left Eyeball" in PS/AI will get tagged "Left Pupil Range".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines