• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing problem

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I have this issue. When I export full size .jpg 300ppi 8bit 100 quality seems to be all fine and nice, but when I resize it to let's say 1240x827 (or any smaller size than original) it dramatically looses quality. Never experience that before.

Here's full size: Dropbox - 6L0A8798.jpg

and resized: Dropbox - 6L0A8798-1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

When I VIEW those 2 images I don't see any loss in sharpness or detail except the reduced images has many Less pixels. If you try to view it the same size as the full images it will get pixelated.

Again I don't understand what you are thinking should happen. The reduced image lost more that 4000 x 3000 pixels in the reduction process.

You are NOT compressing, pre say, the image, file size alone, you are REMOVING pixels from the image.

If you are looking for a smaller File Size in Mega Bytes (MB) th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Dropbox I see no difference.

Downloaded to my computer and opened with Windows 7 "Windows Photo Viewer" the only difference I see is in the size of the images displayed, which is to be expected.

Not sure what you think you will get by resizing an image that is 6037 x 4025 pixels, 24 MP, down to 1240 x 827, 1.025 MP.

Full images.PNG

Resized images.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that it lost detail, sharpness, even colour. Could you explain to me if I downsize it to a smaller image am I supposed to loose detail only when I try to bring it back to a higher size? But not when I making it smaller? Compression not supposed to reduce quality unless I would set it to do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again on Drop Box those 2 images look EXACTLY the same on my computer.

Ful Size.PNG

The 2 images created from using the Snipping tool in Windows as they were displayed by Dropbox from the links you posted where placed into one Photoshop document.

Maybe it's me but I don't see any difference.

If you try to ZOOM In sure there will be a difference. the Reduced image has many less pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I VIEW those 2 images I don't see any loss in sharpness or detail except the reduced images has many Less pixels. If you try to view it the same size as the full images it will get pixelated.

Again I don't understand what you are thinking should happen. The reduced image lost more that 4000 x 3000 pixels in the reduction process.

You are NOT compressing, pre say, the image, file size alone, you are REMOVING pixels from the image.

If you are looking for a smaller File Size in Mega Bytes (MB) then Reduce the Quality slider and leave the pixel dimensions the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines