• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloning tool does not work.

New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My senior citizen brain is having difficulty absorbing all the details in Lightroom.  Picasa is a piece of cake by comparison.  I have never been able to get the cloning tool to work and an experienced friend who uses Lightroom could not get it to work either.  Any suggestions?

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please tell us what you are doing with the clone tool -- the exact steps and settings -- that you are doing with the cloning tool. You also need to tell us exactly what happens (or doesn't happen) that seems wrong to you. Screen captures would be extremely helpful.

You could also watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rtTat3__TM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I activate the cloning tool. choose a "dust spot" that I want removed.

Lightroom chooses a nearby and appropriate replacement, but nothing happens

after that. Should the repair be automatic, or should I be doing something

to move to the next step. None of my books etc. solve this problem. A

friend and regular user of Lightroom says I should uninstall and reinstall

Lightroom to see if that helps.

Jerry Whitaker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the tool is activated there are two choices, clone or heal. Heal is more of a blending while the cloning should actually copy an area. The controls for the clone tool include an opacity setting. If the opacity setting is too low then it will appear as though nothing is happening. Could that be affecting you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, thank you.  Big help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines