• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical shift of elements

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I do not speak English well, so I described the problem in my photos.

img.jpgezgif-2-d927549ee5.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

This behaviour is normal and unavoidable. Why?

Both images scale proportionally. That means, the background image and the "The End" image are getting smaller/bigger, when you resize the browser window. The problem is, that both images have a different point of reference regarding the scaling behaviour.

You can tell Muse, to use the point of reference of the background image for the foreground image too:

• Place an empty image container at the top of the "The End" image by using the image placeholder

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be quite simple to fix, but it depends on the fact, what kind of elements you are using.

Do the following: Create a new site with only one page and only the elements, which which are shown in your screenshots. Upload this .muse file (without assets) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look. Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help!

Muse Test.muse - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behaviour is normal and unavoidable. Why?

Both images scale proportionally. That means, the background image and the "The End" image are getting smaller/bigger, when you resize the browser window. The problem is, that both images have a different point of reference regarding the scaling behaviour.

You can tell Muse, to use the point of reference of the background image for the foreground image too:

• Place an empty image container at the top of the "The End" image by using the image placeholder tool:

Screen1.jpg

• Make sure, that this container has the same width as the image below, and that it doesn’t overlap this image.
  • Group the placeholder element and the "The End" image.

Now all works as expected.

Screen2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really helped me a lot! Everything worked out.

​Also I want to ask, how do I do the same thing with the "Composition" element?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same procedure: Give us your .muse file, and we will see …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, but I did not succeed

Muse Test Comp.muse - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a very precise look on your sample, you’ll see, that all works as expected, if you use the technique, we discussed above: The composition keeps the correct vertical position – but:

Compositons – just like slide shows – are not responsive right now. They actually don’t scale proportionally like your background image, when you resize the browser window. Therefore you can force the composition widget to keep its correct vertical position, but not to resize synchron with the image in the background.

Even if compositions were responsive (what will happen in the next major update), I doubt, that it makes sense to use them as you do: Just keep in mind, that when you put text into a composition target, the text container definitely will grow vertically to keep the text visible, when you reduce the window. In this case, the composition target has to grow vertically too, thus exceed the "cinema screen", which itself reduces its size, when the window is minimised.

Once compositions being responsive, this issue could possibly be resolved by placing the "cinema screen" as a Muse rectangle behind the composition: Rectangles adapt the size of the elements within.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, it turns out that at the moment standard tools can not be done.

I found the official widget, will it help in my case?

https://musewidgets.com/products/responsive-adobe-muse-composition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try. I don’t think, it works as desired.

I’d suggest having a look at the Muse prerelease version: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9461708#9461708

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay thank you. I already had such an idea. I'll write what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines