• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen dithers during activity

Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is not considered inappropriate for this forum. At first, I thought this was a graphics card problem, but it only seems to manifest itself when I am working with Photoshop (CS6).

I will do my best to explain. I have a new computer (running windows 10 64bit with 8gB ram). I started doing some image editing in Photoshop today. When I use the marquee tool the whole image "flashes" (or maybe dithers is a better description) as I move the mouse It is all very quick. Also the workspace seems to be flashing between its default colour and a chequered pattern at the same time (occasionally).

Has anyone any suggestions what may be causing this or ways that I can narrow down the problem.

Thanks

Peter

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi silver.hunter,

The best way to check if this is a graphics driver related issue or not is to uncheck "Use graphics processor" under Photoshop Edit>Preferences>Performance and then repeat the workflow. Does that make any difference on your computer?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi silver.hunter,

The best way to check if this is a graphics driver related issue or not is to uncheck "Use graphics processor" under Photoshop Edit>Preferences>Performance and then repeat the workflow. Does that make any difference on your computer?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to have stopped the problem. Thanks.

Can you please advise me of the implications of this?

Does it mean my graphics processor is inadequate or faulty? (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact your Graphics card manufacturer for a compatible or updated version of drivers.

See Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akash,

Thanks for all that help and advice. My drivers are up-to-date. I followed the link you gave and discovered that my on-board graphics card is not supported by PS. I have a spare pcie slot so I am on the hunt for a more up-to-date graphics card - I should be able to do everything I need with what I have, but it would be nice to know that I have a compatible graphics card in my "new" machine.

Best wishes

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines