• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with color grading in AE

Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm using adobe after effect and i very bad in color grading and i  have this clip : original.jpg

and i want to get a result close to this :

with_color_grading.jpg

thank you so much if you answer and if you've got more time to spend it would be so nice of you if you could explain/teach me how to use color grading. Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this 15 min tutorial will show you the basics and more:

it does reference premiere but you have both lumetri and lumetri scopes in Ae as of 14.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you i'll watch this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched this tutorial and tried some stuff and play arround with all the functionality but i can't get any thing like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color grading takes a lot of time to learn and requires both knowledge and experience so you know what to tweak to get the results you want. The first thing you want to do is to set some kind of standard and then work all of your shots to that standard. The standard should comply with video standards for white level, black level and saturation. From there it's a matter of usually matching the whites first, then the blacks, then adjusting the gamma. The Info Panel, and now the vector scope and waveform (Lumetri Scopes) are your friends, but it takes some study to understand what you are looking at and quite a bit of experience to know what to tweak to get to look you want.

I hope this helps. If you are interested in the subject I would suggest that you plan on spending about 40 hours in serious study and experimentation using some good training resources (books and maybe Lynda.com) to get a basic understanding of color correction and develop a reasonable proficiency in the process. The guy I rely on for most of my feature film work has been color grading for more than 40 years and he can do in 2 minutes what would take me 20 because 1, his eye is very well trained, and 2, he can tell exactly where the problems lie by just looking at a waveform and vector scope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks i think a anderstood that i'll take me sometime to figure out how to use color corrections, I'll start reading about it now

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GasparG,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't learn this stuff in a forum. here's a course I recommend on color matching. After Effects Compositing: 2 Matching Foreground to Background Mark Christiansen has a very nice technique for color matching based on channel information in black and white that even a color blind person can work with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

im gonna just blurt out what it seems to me. a hue/saturation angle on just the greens rotated 15 degrees. then an overall blue tint adjustment layer opacity soft light 30% amaright?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines