• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Layout Issues

Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to position in the same page many texts, the issue is after I autoflow them some texts don't flow like they're suppose to, they stop and then they continue only after all other text has stop.

Does someone have the same issue or can give me a way to solve the problem.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

I was finally able to solve it but I had to disable smart text reflow and do it with the thread on the master page.

And the text was skipping the bottom text frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the text in Edit in Story Editor to see what codes may be inserted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Codes like what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we would need more information about what you're trying to accomplish. First, what version of InDesign are you using. Can you post a screen capture of the page you're working on (you can attach it using the "Insert Image" in the forum editor)?

What kind of texts? (InDesign text, Word files, text files)? How are you inserting the text (File > Place? Copy and paste?)

What settings have you made in InDesign Preferences > Type in the Smart Text Reflow at the bottom of that panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text File: Word Docx

Inserting the text: Place

Smart Text Reflow: On, Add Pages to End of Story, Delete Empty Pages.

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 5.01.01 PM.png

The text on top of the page which before I autoflowed the text at the bottom of that page used to be auto flowed in the page at the bottom is now auto flowed after the text of the bottom ends

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What your screenshot shows is that the text begins in the Text Frame on the top right page.

Then it flows into the Frame at the top of the left page and then from there in to the Frame which is currently off the bottom of your screen.

Judging by your paragraphs (left aligned) it seems as if your text should read left to right - so the text should start in the top left frame and then move to the top right Text Frame and from there further down - is this correct ?

If so your order of flowing is incorrect and you need to rethread the text or move the Text Frames around.

If you need help with this you can check - Thread text among frames in Adobe InDesign

If my guesses aren't correct please just post a more precise description of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is that I'm editing for a right to left book because it's also going to have Hebrew in it but also Spanish so what I have right now (in the screenshot) is that text. But I don't see how that would affect what I'm doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that makes a little more sense.

But it still looks as though you are threading the text incorrectly.

Can you draw a diagram of where you want it to go - or is it skipping the text frames on the page as per your screenshot ?

If so, it looks like you are not threading it through those frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was finally able to solve it but I had to disable smart text reflow and do it with the thread on the master page.

And the text was skipping the bottom text frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines