Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DHTML drop-down spacing error

Sep 11, 2008 Sep 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have inserted DHTML drop-down boxes in my help topics, and they work just fine. The only problem is that in some instances, the spaces between words have been eliminated. I can't find any reason for this in the code. To correct these situations, I've gone back into the text and added an extra space between the words. Sometimes, that fixes it, and sometimes it does not. Is there any other more permanent solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2008 Sep 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Haven't seen this before. Is your screen zoom set at 100%? Which font are you using? Have you tried changing it?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2008 Sep 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My team knows about this problem. In our case, the spaces were missing only in the dropdown hotspots in WebHelp output, and only those spaces surrounding a special Wingding symbol (an arrow) that we use to describe navigation.

The only solution we've been able to find is to view the topic on the TrueCode tab and replace the "missing" space with   to force the space. It's a pain, I know.

Hope this helps.
Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp