• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Defoult Alt (yedropper tool) color picker. Trouble.

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello please solve this, i remarked this thing when i started use latest photoshop versions. In my CS3 version it doesn't happen.

So, if you use any tool, for example you are erase some thing using erase-tool, then switch to brush-tool , press ALT for pick color and then switch to increase brush size, OR even change tool, let say to dodge-tool or any other tool, program automaticly switch last used tool (in current example it will be eraser) before brush.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you use any tool, for example you are erase some thing using erase-tool, then switch to brush-tool , press ALT for pick color and then switch to increase brush size, OR even change tool, let say to dodge-tool or any other tool, program automaticly switch last used tool (in current example it will be eraser) before brush.

That descriptions seems vague, what exactly is »switch to increase brush size« supposed to mean for example?

Anyway, this is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

The place for Bug Reports (if you can reproduce the issue and provide a detailed description) and Feature Requests is

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i did it, i found solution.

Thank you.Theme close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it still happed,this demn setting. I removed and install program Photoshop 2017 few times, clear all files it contai from from system. After this >> Alt pick color command, next comand it's switch to prev. tool. How to fix this? It is a BUG of this program or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe exactly and completely which steps you take, so far I find your description unclear to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All simple, try to do this.1) Choose eraser tool >> do one or more action >> then switch to brush-tool >> Press Alt poke this eyedropper-tool doesn't matter where at canvas >> then try to switch to Dodge tool or increase\decrease brush size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

switch to Dodge tool or increase\decrease brush size.

Pleas provide a meaningful description of what you do.

How do you switch Tools or change the Brush size exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you tri to do it?

Yes, i've done all possible.

I removed and install program Photoshop 2017 few times, clear all files it contai from from system.

Tried to restore default settings and ajust all from null, install my old config. It's don't help. It should be simple thing, i don't figure it out why it is ain't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you tri to do it?

Sure I did, but based on your incomplete descriptions it was not possible to determine if I did it exactly like you.

Anyway so far I could not reproduce something like the problem you seem to be having.

What software (OS, …) and hardware is involved (Wacom, …)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do all this command from hotkeys of course. I already describe everything very precise. I don't understand what is not clear.

Anyway, here...

Win 10 \ Wacom (intuos Pro)

My Photoshop config (part of it) is this:

A - brush

S - eraser

Z - decrease brush size

X - Increase brush size

Q - dodge tool

Alt - Color Pick (default when choosed brush tool)

So all you just need to do, it's this: Choose (S) - eraser, press one time(erase some where >> then  press (A) - brush tool >> press Alt >> poke one time (pick color) >>

then press (Z) or (X)  or choose (Q) dodge tool.

What i have in final, instead to keep brush tool and just follow right comand in our case it's Increase or decrease brush size or switch to dodge tool if you prees Q, program change it to prev. tool (eraser).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do all this command from hotkeys of course. I already describe everything very precise.

Up until this post you had not mentioned that you use single key shortcuts for Tool selection.

Anyway I cannot reproduce the issue.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.1.0 20170309.r.207 2017/03/09:23:00:00 CL 1107877  x64

Operating System: Mac OS 10.12.4

I suspect the culprit is an OS plug-in or driver but as a Mac user I cannot help you there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thank you for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines