• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head Turner Behavior Makes Arms Disappear

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I set up a puppet based on an earlier iteration, created in the last Beta release, where everything worked great. After I got all my hotkeys set up with this new puppet in the new Beta, I went in and added a "Head Turner" behavior -- which the previous puppet had and worked great. But this time, when I did, my arms disappeared in the Record view. The head turning works fine, but no arms in any view. Any ideas? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I wouldn't expect the arms (in each view triggered by Head Turner) to disappear. Can you share a link to an exported .puppet file for your puppet (i.e., select the puppet in the Project panel, choose File > Export > Puppet, then save the .puppet file somewhere. Place in Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. for sharing, and either post a link here or via direct message. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've got it figured:

The character's head and body are one-in-the-same...think of the Kool-Aid Man or the California Raisins. In the previous iteration, where Head Turner had no issues, the arms were in the "Body" group, below the "Head" group. In this puppet, the arms have to be able to cross in front of the head, so I put them inside the "Head" group. Add the Head Turner behavior, and the arms go away. But I just tried moving the arms into the "+Frontal" group, and they were visible again, and only disappear when the head turns.

So it seems like I just need to put a copy of the arms in each "+...Quarter" and "+...Profile" group, and it should be fixed. Big Photoshop file, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started playing with the program so take the info with a bit of salt lol

I wouldn't put the body group under the head group, I have mine under the main folder (whatever your characters name is)

so it would look something like

-character name:

-Head

-Body

instead of

- Character name:

-Head

-Body

I did this so that whatever effects I put to the head, wouldn't affect the body (such as triggering and having things get hidden from "Hide others in group")

But I'm not sure if I understand what your setup is completely.  ^^;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Head and Body at the same level is how we typically set up the simpler characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Head and Body at the same level of the hierarchy is how I have it set up. I meant "below" in the sense that the head is visible in front of or on top of the body. But yeah, you're totally correct. The body shouldn't be inside the "Head" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines