• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HDR video export from Media Encoder

New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, we've identified the problem.  It's something in Media Encoder (not Premiere).  So, if you:

1) make a media encoder job, and convert exr files to our format, then HDR export works fine.

2) if you do the exact same thing with an HDR video in media encoder, you do NOT get HDR export.

3) HOWEVER, if I take the same HDR video file, drop it into a Premiere project and then put it on the timeline, and then export THAT file, then we do get HDR pixels properly.

So, this appears to be a bug in Media Encoder and how it detects whether the input file is an HDR input or not.  Where do I file bugs?

This wasted a ton of time, btw - you need more information in the export record stuff, so we can see what ME/PPro *thinks* it's dumping out...

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Hi Jeff,

The bug report form is here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Have you also updated Media Encoder to the same version as Premiere Pro (e.g. if Pr is updated to the Spring 2017 release, is Media Encoder also updated to that release?)

If you are running this latest, for this particular bug I will help you get it logged.  Please provide a link to the source media you're using.  Can you provide something in this format:

Method:

1)

2)

3)

Result:

Expected:

Workaround:

If you'd like to keep

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

The bug report form is here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Have you also updated Media Encoder to the same version as Premiere Pro (e.g. if Pr is updated to the Spring 2017 release, is Media Encoder also updated to that release?)

If you are running this latest, for this particular bug I will help you get it logged.  Please provide a link to the source media you're using.  Can you provide something in this format:

Method:

1)

2)

3)

Result:

Expected:

Workaround:

If you'd like to keep the info private, you may send it to me at z lam

at a d o b e | d o t | c o m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, just wanted to check back and make sure you hadn't sent something that ended up in my junk mail folder...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just filed the bug report...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines