• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you move video clips without affecting music track?

New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 15 and I use it on a MacBook Air.  I have about 50 different video clips on the Video 1 track and bout 3 minutes of background music (a single song) on the Music Track.  I am making a music video.  I want to move clips around within the video from one section to another (e.g. change the order in which the video clips appear in the project).   When I move the video clips, my music track splits and forms a gap equal to the the length of the video track I moved. So my music track automatically splits and creates a gap with no sound.  I want the music track to remain unchanged while I move the different video tracks around in the Video 1 track.  I can't figure out how to do that!!!!  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down Alt while moving the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be another button, MacBook Air does NOT have an "Alt" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines