Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

F Function Keys not working

Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help.

I'm trying to use the F Function keys/short cuts on my iMac desk top. For example, in Library module I want to rename a number of photos, hit the F2 rename and the brightness on my monitor goes up.

I've checked System Preferences/Keyboard and check box the Use F1, F2 etc keys as standard function keys. But this doesn't solve the problem. Is there another configuration that I'm missing?

Using iMac 10.12; LR CC 2015.10

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Akash and Just Shoot Me.

After digging into the System Preference a bit deeper, I found the solution to my issue..

Here is what I need to also configure to make the F1/F2 function keys work in LR.Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 12.36.14 PM.png

Make sure that on Display/Shortcuts that the two boxes are UN-checked.. And know I have working F1/F2 keys..

So Happy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the keyboard you are using have a Fn key? 99% of all Mac computers have the option set to use the F Function keys as something other than the function keys. Holding down the Fn key while hitting the F function keys turn them back into what they were originally designed to do, IE act as Function keys.

You can change that setting in the Mac OS X System preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Shoot Me,

Yes, my keyboard has the Fn key. I have it configured for that in OS System Preferences. Whether is use the Fn key or not my F1 and F2 keys still behave like Mac function keys (ie. brightness control) I can't get them to work as short cuts in LR. All the other Fn keys short cuts work in LR.. Go figure???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LisaMReny,

Are you using the "Fn" key to press the "F2" key on your keyboard? It will change whatever your system defaults are.

It's possible that your system is set to use the keystrokes for increasing Brightness.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

I have my iMac configured for that in OS System Preferences. Whether I use the Fn key or not my F1 and F2 keys still behave like Mac function keys (ie. brightness control) I can't get them to work as short cuts in LR. All the other Fn keys short cuts work in LR.. Go figure???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Akash and Just Shoot Me.

After digging into the System Preference a bit deeper, I found the solution to my issue..

Here is what I need to also configure to make the F1/F2 function keys work in LR.Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 12.36.14 PM.png

Make sure that on Display/Shortcuts that the two boxes are UN-checked.. And know I have working F1/F2 keys..

So Happy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines