• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements

New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This I think is an old issue about "File already exists" when importing from a video camera.

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements version 10 and a MacBook Pro Sierra version 10.12.4

I am unable to alter any of the save parameters and so when trying to store imported files receive a message "File already exists"

Previous answers to this question have suggested saving with a different file name and or catalogue.

This is not available to me as the choices seem to be fixed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you renaming the files as you import them with the Premiere Elements Video Importer tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brianh,

I understand you are facing issue in saving your file and getting a message "File already exist".

- Browse the default project saving location of Adobe Premiere Elements in your OS & rename files over there.

- Try to save your project again

- You can also try to change the location of your project before you create a new one .

- Please check the following graphic.

Premiere Elements 15 New Project.PNG

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I eventually found that I could make a new folder for the download files. This is important as there are no duplicates here! Trying to download to the default folder stores MTS files with the same nr. results in the message I received.

So when downloading new files, create a new folder, then download. It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the idea it was the media files, not the project files, that were causing brian problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines