• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D color not accurate

Enthusiast ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm following along with the exercises on Lynda.com "3D Essentials" and using the exercise files that lynda.com provides. I have no trouble following the instructions, but when I follow the steps the colors in the image change and no longer match the video instructions. For example, in one of the exercises, the exercise file looks like this:

After following the instructions:

1. click on Environment in the 3D panel
  2. go to Properties and choose Edit Texture from the IBL drop down list
  3. using Levels to change the medium gray to black
  4. save and close the IBL file

The image is dark blue, the shadow has disappeared, and now looks like this:

In the lynda.com video it looks like this:

Also, I've not been able to make the widget in the upper left corner of the lynda.com video show up in my Photoshop.

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The widget is easy - go to menu - View - Show - Secondary view.

The other issue looks like a problem in your lighting settings (e.g. Environment Global, Infinite Light or IBL). Which specific video and exercise file is it?  I will take a look at it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Thanks for your reply. Good to know under which menu that setting is located. Secondary view was already turned on. For some reason, after resetting Photoshop preferences file, it started showing up, depending on which layer was highlighted in he Layers panel.

The screen captures in my post were from 1. 3D Essentials, Rendering the final 3D artwork. The exercise file is. Red & gold objects.psd.

However, the color and shadow problem has been happening in other exercises previous to this one.

Thank you so much for offering to take a look at this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There is nothing wrong with the file .

Turning the IBL background black changes from this :

To this (unrendered):

It looks like your infinite light has changed color. Can you click on the infinite light in the 3D panel and then check the properties. It should look like this :

I suspect yours look like this :

If it does - click on the blue square and reset the color to this :

If it already set that way you may have a GPU issue and will need to check and try different GPU settings

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be a GPU issue because this is what properties looks like, and as you can see the sphere and ring have turned blue when they are supposed to be red and yellow respectively:

In Preferences > Performance, graphics processor settings looks like this:

Is there any other place I can look to change the GPU settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try changing the drawing mode from Advanced to Normal or Basic. You will need to close and restart Photoshop after clicking OK

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also try turning off Interactive rendering - "Allow Direct to screen" in Preferences >3D.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more bit of information that might help troubleshoot. When I opened the next exercise file, the secondary view was again missing. In the tools panel, the Move tool was selected. After clicking on the rectangular marquee tool and then back onto the move tool, the secondary view suddenly appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try those settings (GPU and Interactive Rendering) and see what happens.

I am going to have to drop out for a while (it is 1.15 am here) but I'll check in the morning or someone else may be able to help you in the meantime.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Thanks for your suggestions. However, no matter which settings I choose, and after closing and reopening Photoshop, unfortunately the problem is still there.

Do know any way that I can get some support directly from Adobe on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try and contact adobe by chat or phone.

Follow this link contact-bumper - and once in choose Photoshop . Unfortunately you then need to choose Licence and Activation, rather than troubleshooting. Then you can see the contact options to chat or phone.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines