Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera-Shake Deblur Effect Problem

Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Having an issue with the new Camera-Shake Deblur effect.

No matter what the settings, the minute i slide the Shake Sensitivity over 44%, the footage looks like the attached. Colourful pixelated madness.

If i use the effect under 44% sensitivity, basically nothing happens.

This seems to happen with every setting of duration or Deblur method.

Anyone experiencing the same issues?

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 1.45.06 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

I can't tell. can you upload the footage so I can run some tests? in any case, this bug is reported and known and is supposed to be fixed in the june update. see the first response from the Adobe representative in the comments of this video: Adobe After Effects April 2017 - New Features Update - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. there's a known bug (to some) in the current release with some types of footage and this effect.

out of curiosity, what type of footage are you using? is it 10bit or 8bit? what container?

the workaround is to transcode your footage and then use the effect. if it's a 8 bit footage, render you footage to Quicktime animation, then re-import your footage and use the effect on the new footage. if it's a 10-bit footage, I got DNxHD working fine so you can try that (Quicktime DNxHD) or Quicktime GoPro Cineform Codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The footage is ProRes 422 HQ, 1080p 25fps.

I just tried transcoding to Animation and putting it back in.

Same result. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, i just noticed you updated your post.

I've now tried DNxHD 8-bit and 10-bit, also Cuneiform and still getting the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell. can you upload the footage so I can run some tests? in any case, this bug is reported and known and is supposed to be fixed in the june update. see the first response from the Adobe representative in the comments of this video: Adobe After Effects April 2017 - New Features Update - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, looking at the comments. Running the composition in 8-bit solved the problem. I wasn't aware that was the issue. Thought only the footage.

And after all that, the Deblur can't fix my stabilised footage enough to be usable. Oh well! Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

caseyv.com.au  wrote

ok, looking at the comments. Running the composition in 8-bit solved the problem. I wasn't aware that was the issue. Thought only the footage.

And after all that, the Deblur can't fix my stabilised footage enough to be usable. Oh well! Thanks anyway!

I wasn't aware either. so it's the footage and the project settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a combination of both (at least for me anyway).

Thanks for your help Roei Tzoref​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a combination of both (at least for me anyway).

Yes, confirmed.

10bit footage on a 16bit project produces this wonderful effect:

8bit footage on 16bit project is fine

10bit footage on 8bit project is fine too

32 bit project on both types of footage produces this wonder:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi caseyv, I am interested in seeing what failed in the footage. If you are willing to share, I would love to give it a quick look to see whats going on. Camera-shake deblur works best when there is sharp information from nearby frames that can be copied into the current frame, so in some cases it is unable to fix the existing blur. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines