• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vanishing Point - Changing angle of plane either crashes Ps or option is grayed out.

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, this is my first post, please go easy on me.

I need to use the vanishing point filter for a very specific cause (to animate an image in After Effects). For this particular image, vanishing point is the best tool

because the different parts of the image are structured sort of like a "room."

The tool works fine, I get blue grids, but I can't change the angle of the grids which is making it impossible to properly match the perspective of the image.

AE will only know what to do if I import a .vpe file that is created from a single vanishing point object, so I can't just draw new grids to get it right.

When I try to change the angle, sometimes (often) it crashes photoshop, or changing the slider actually doesn't change the angle. Alt+dragging also doesn't work. A lot of the time the angle slider option is altogether greyed out.

is there any potential fix for this?

Thank you,

Colton

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Ah sorry I didn't share because it had to do with how I was drawing the grids.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the most current update for Photoshop, version 2017.1.1, released just a few days ago?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume so because I'm using creative cloud and just installed all recent versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find out for sure by clicking the Help menu in Photoshop and choosing About Photoshop CC. That will give you a dialog box with the version number in the upper left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the most recent version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, a couple of screen captures showing the issue would help to clarify what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are willing to share your solution, it may be of help to others on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah sorry I didn't share because it had to do with how I was drawing the grids.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines