• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to Undo brush layers of the "Paint" effect - strokes not disappearing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am painting over lines in my video in After Effects and for some reason halfway through my project I realized that I suddenly lost the ability to undo brush strokes when I made mistake. I pressed Ctrl-Z and the brush stroke didn't delete! I keep pressing undo (the menu says Edit-> "Undo Stroke") but nothing happens. When I open the effect in the timeline on my layer, I can see the brush strokes deleting layer by later when I Undo, but nothing changes on the screen until I hit the last layer when the menu says "Edit -> Undo Apply Paint Effect" and once I do that, every stroke deletes all at once. It's super frustrating that it was working and suddenly stopped. Hoping someone has an answer for this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Hi Kevin,

I got around the problem by moving all my layers individually out of the comp into a new comp. Mustve been a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flush your caches to enforxce a correct screen update.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i emptied disk cache and then cleaned database and cache. Still having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then perhaps it's some bug with some counter filling up...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, exact, version number of AE are you using?

What format and codec is your footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TimCMonkey,

Sorry to hear of your paint issue. Have you solved it yet? Please let us know if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I got around the problem by moving all my layers individually out of the comp into a new comp. Mustve been a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines