• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many AI/EPS files are Bitmaps!

Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am tired of purchasing what has been tagged as a vector file with the "AI/EPS" file name only to find out after purchasing and opening it in Illustrator that it was actually a photo!

I am an angry at this.

We should all be reimbursed for not only the fake vector images but also the time it took to search. I'm in business and we bill for time.

Disappointing.

Thanks,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Sorry this is a delayed response, but to close the loop on this. Things are behaving as designed. The Adobe Stock asset is being placed as vector but its a linked asset. You can get to the source .ai file of the linked asset from the “Links” panel.

The linked asset is just treated as one object in the document where it was placed.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Can you please provide some examples of files (asset ID numbers) where this is occurring? Also, what program(s) are you using to open these files?

Thanks,

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at all vectortwins stuff. Here is the last one I got duped on FILE #: 103081157

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

I've opened this file in Adobe Illustrator and can choose all of the elements as expected. What version of Illustrator are you using?

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image number you gave seems to work just fine? Can you post a screenshot of what you see and the layers panel? Keep in mind that text elements themselves are not editable as text are converted to paths due to font licensing regulations. But text is easy enough to just replace anyways.

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 3.14.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. It's the "Open In... " that fails.

I am using the most recent versions of illustrator "CC".

If I choose to download by opening it in Illustrator then it's just an image that opens.

I have to download and then open the file from the computer. So, for me, the open in illustrator doesn't work.

thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry this is a delayed response, but to close the loop on this. Things are behaving as designed. The Adobe Stock asset is being placed as vector but its a linked asset. You can get to the source .ai file of the linked asset from the “Links” panel.

The linked asset is just treated as one object in the document where it was placed.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is a screen capture - made sure everything is up to date and opened with AI option.

AI-Capture.png

Cheers,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started