Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use metadata to create a process in Lightroom

New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have a question and I'm not 100% sure the best way to explain it so here goes.

I have a file that has been previously edited in Lightroom on a different machine. I want to make exactly the same changes to other files I have. When I open the file in Photoshop and look at the file info I can see all the changes that were made in Lightroom in the "RAW Data" tab. My question is, can I use this info to make changes to other files? Like for instance could I select multiple files in Lightroom and apply this data to automatically make the changes in a batch type way?

I hope I explained that all correctly. If not please ask and I'll try my best to explain anything that is unclear. I have searched for answers but not knowing the correct terms to use I may have missed something.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

If LR is not seeing the edits in the EXIF data, you may need to manually set the edits to the values in the XMP file for one of your images, then use that image as the master to sync from.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a big part of Lightroom is doing things in batches. AutoSync mode (Develop) means each adjustment applies to all the selected files. Sync Settings buttons or the Copy Settings and Paste Settings menu commands do copy adjustments from one photo and paste to as many others as you want.

Have you not used Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John.

I have used it but not to any great deal. I'm not really sure what it can do to it's fullest.

Thanks, G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, then select the file in Lightroom, select others, and then use the Sync Settings button.

Take a look at Quickly Paste Develop Settings in Lightroom 5 « Julieanne Kost's Blog  and Copy and Paste « Julieanne Kost's Blog 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've found that but if the original jpeg was an export, how do I sync up the settings from the RAW data that I can see in Photoshop? None of the data shows in Lightroom. I have exported the file from Photoshop as an .XMP file. Is there a way get the setting from the .xmp and apply it to multiple photos in Lightroom?

Thanks, G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If LR is not seeing the edits in the EXIF data, you may need to manually set the edits to the values in the XMP file for one of your images, then use that image as the master to sync from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines