• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat: Can't Highlight past a Page Break?

New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you do to highlight past a single page?

A lot of important paragraphs span past a single page.  This means I have to highlight twice and when I look back at my notes, the information is all broken up.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Frank.

ps.  Single Page Continuous doesn't help the situation - still can't highlight past the page break,

pps.  This happens even in documents I create with my own version of Acrobat

ppps.  Information on both pages are individually highlight-able.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat? This is the reader forum.

Which tool are you using?

Is it all documents or just one?

Can you post a screen shot of what is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear - sorry.  I apparently posted in the wrong forum.  I am using the full version 2017.009.20044

Your image did show me that I could select across a page and highlight the selection - which works but is kludgy.  I think the highlight tool itself (U) has a bug. 

Thanks for your help in letting me find a way to get it done!  I think the original question still stands though.

Moderator: Please feel free to move the post across to the correct forum.  (sorry!)

highlightexample.jpg.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved this from the Reader forum to Editing & Exporting PDFs. There are a kazillion Acrobat forums, but I think this one fits best.

And I am sorry—people use "highlight" and "select" interchangeably, and you meant highlight with the highlighter tool.

So try this:

• Select with the Selection tool (continuous)
  • Then click the Highlighter tool

And put in a feature request, as the Highlighter should do as you are asking, imho!

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help and thank you for moving the thread!

I realized from your first post that I was able to highlight by selecting first.  So thanks for that!

I do also wish there was a hotkey to highlight a selection rather than just switch to the highlighter tool.  Right now, searching for the icon or the modal menu (via right click) uses too much brain power when you just want to mark up your text. 

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn on Single Key Accelerators in Preferences, and U is assigned to the Highlighter. Sadly, it fails when text is selected. I agree that it should work the way we both want it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can select text across pages, right-click it and select Highlight Text. It will highlight all the text you selected, but as two separate comments.

It never hurts to submit a feature request, but I don't think this will ever change, unless there's a fundamental change in how PDF annotations are defined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines