• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 15 compatibility ?

New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some 30 hours of archival video worked on P/E7 and windows XP, which I wish to rework using windows 10.   An upgrade package is offered by Adobe but it  seems to only upgrade from a higher version.   The upgrade for photoshop elements starts at F/S7 (which I also have,but do not wish to upgrade).   If I buy the upgrade, will I be able to rework all the old material?

I am sending this again as I may have not entered the question correctly!   John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will definitely not be able to edit version 7 projects in version 15. The program is dramatically different.

You very much should finish your version 7 projects in version 7 and then start your new projects in version 15.

The MEDIA files, however, are pretty universal. So AVIs, MOV files, MTS and WAV files can be edited in any version of the program. So it depends on what you mean by "rework old material".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines