• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop cs6 crash when using text tool with dual display

New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i recently obtain a new i7 station with win10 x64 installed. since it is a workstation for 3d works, an ATI firepro w5100 is installed. when running single display, it is perfectly fine, but for duel display, i started encounter problems with photoshop.

first off, since w5100 only has 4 display ports, and my second display is a vga, i have to enable to the motherboard display, so my 22' LG is plug on the w5100 and my olf vga is plug on motherboard, when i start photoshop, it came up with a warning windows that states that the display card is not support and when i go to the preference > performance, i see that photoshop detects no gpu on my system... i usually don't care if photoshop need to draw things from my onboard gpu, but the photoshop started crashing after 5-10 second i select the text tool in this condition... is there anyway i can enable the w5100 gpu while the dual display is on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

I believe it is a Graphics card related issue.

See Solve the issue where Photoshop CC 2015 crashes on launch and displays kernelbase.dll error as the erring module in the …  for instructions.

Have you checked under GPU control Center/Switchable graphics which card is the primary graphic card?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

f the issue only occurs with Photoshop text tool, It's possible that some of the fonts on your computer are responsible for this issue. Please take a look at this https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi akash the photoshop runs 101% fine when i only have 1 display on (the 22' LG on w5100), can this still be a font problem?? thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe it is a Graphics card related issue.

See Solve the issue where Photoshop CC 2015 crashes on launch and displays kernelbase.dll error as the e...  for instructions.

Have you checked under GPU control Center/Switchable graphics which card is the primary graphic card?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines