• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering/Exporting using too much CPU?

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a super noob, and I don't want to break my fancy computer.

I started with some footage in Premiere Pro, brought it into After Effects, added a green screen key to every clip of the footage, like 10 cameras (one for each, because noob and don't know better), and two layers to be a 3d background, and a light. So, I understand that rendering is going to be a long process. After Effects kept crashing so I took the composition to Media Encoder, chose my format, and pressed start. My computer's CPU use shot up to 3.5/3.3GHz. And I stopped the render after a few minutes and it hadn't rendered at all.

I might be worrying too much, but the footage could take hours to finish rendering and I don't want to leave my CPU that hot for that long.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're just doing a simple key, try Ultra Key in Premiere Pro. It does a great job. You can create the background in AE and just bring that into Premiere.

If, however, you need to use AE, we will need a lot more information in order to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I intended to give more information but it posted before I was done and wouldn't let me go back.

I'm using a custom PC. CPU is Intel i5. 3.3GHz. 16 GB RAM. The program is on SSD Footage is on HDD (idk if that makes a difference).

I'm not sure what other information you could use. Let me know if you have any suggestions, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bcsulli46  wrote

I'm not sure what other information you could use. Let me know if you have any suggestions, though.

The PRECISE version number of AE

The PRECISE OS version number

Graphic card maker & model

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. Sorry. I don't really even know what I don't know.

Intel i5, 4 core, 3.3 GHz

16 GB RAM

Adobe Production Premium CS6.

Windows 10 Home.

Nvidia GTX 960.

(Anything else?)

I let it run for a few hours and it didn't get very far. The video project is only a minute and a half. It loaded a RAM preview just fine. It has trouble loading the Premiere project that it was originally in, and it won't render anything in that.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering time aside, don't worry about your CPU getting too hot - it has built-in throttling logic to slow down the clock rate if it gets too hot. That's likely not happening either so I wouldn't sweat it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes me feel better. Thanks.

But 60 hours for a 1 minute clip. There has to be something I'm doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you are using Raytrace 3D, do you not? It definitely looks that way from your screenshot and the AME preview. In that case this would be normal, since it runs on the CPU inside AME and GPU support is disabled. You have to turn it off or render directly from AE where the GPU may actualyl work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guessed right. Ray Trace 3D. The reason I put it in Media Encoder is because After Effects has been crashing a lot. I'll try sending it through in After Effects, though. There has to be a way to cut down the render time, though. 62 hours for 1 minute video?

Thank you all for the support. It has really helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi bcsulli46,

Did you ever find a solution for this horrendous render time? Sure hope so. Let us know what you did to solve this problem—for our own curiosity and mainly for the benefit of others.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines